Gun Control in America – Our Next Civil War
Lawmakers have lost their mind in Washington D.C. Due to the latest round of mass shootings there is conversation from improved background checks to as far as repealing the Second Amendment of the Constitution.
As it would be doubtful that lawmakers would ever amass a majority of votes to repeal the 2nd Amendment it is very concerning that the conversation has ever came up.
If lawmakers can repeal the 2nd Amendment than what is stopping them from appealing the 1st Amendment or the entire Bill of Rights for that matter.
In America we do not have a “gun problem”, we have a people problem. Here is the reason for increased violence that nobody wants to admit.
- Elimination of the Draft. Young men no longer have to grow up and serve their country. They have no idea what the responsibility is and are not taught how to handle a firearm. They have not learned what teamwork is or what it is like to depend on another. They have no brothers.
- Computer Games. Violent computer games where it is okay to shoot and kill drives into the minds of our children that killing is okay. There were no computer games when I was a child and we drove around with guns in our gun-racks in the back of our trucks in High School. No mass shootings here.
- Family Unit – There were not a rash of divorces. Most children grew up with a Mother and Father which taught them life values. Fathers hung out and raised their sons. It wasn’t left up to the Mom’s. This isn’t a shot against Mothers, it is just a fact that not many women are interested in guns and shooting.
- Media – The Internet and news media publicize and make hero’s out of these murderers. Their faces are plastered all over the news and Social Media making them famous. They want to be Bonnie and Clyde.
- Politicians using every moment to politicize guns and make them bad.
- Mental Problems – caused by drug abuse.
Guns don’t kill people, people do.
So why the headlines – Gun Control our Next Civil War? It is pretty simple. Ask any responsible gun owner if they are going to give up their gun to the government? Take a poll – do a scientific one if you want. I guarantee no gun owner is willing to give the government their firearm. Those that have seen life and death – Those that have served in the military – Those that have been beaten and robbed – Those that have been raped – Those that have been scared to death for their life wouldn’t give them up for anything.
The first rule of government controlling the people is to disarm them. When the people are disarmed they are helpless against oppression and government controls. They are helpless to defend themselves.
So – say the politicans decide that they will overturn the Second Amendment and are successful. What do you think will happen in America? Will they send the police door to door? The military can’t act within the United States borders – so maybe the National Guard? Will people just hand them over? You better think again because none of us are willing to give up our God given right to protect ourselves and our family. Try to forcefully take our guns and there will be a war. A civil war. The people will rise up against the government and there will be a bloody civil war this country hasn’t seen for a long time. Anyone that believes the outcome will be different is naive.
I served this country in the Armed Forces. I swore to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and so does every elected official. They better read what they swore to do.
In the mean time – good luck to those that think that they can take our rights. We aren’t the problem.
Do I think there should be a good background check to get a gun? Absolutely. This keeps the guns in the hands of good Americans. Am I naive to think that bad guys won’t have guns illegally? No. They will have them and that is why I need mine.
Keep a close eye on what is happening in America. The wrong decisions will end up in a civil war and with the number of people that own guns in America the government won’t be on the winning side.