Newsom Blames Trump Supporters for Recall – He hasn’t a Clue
California Governor Newsom was on the news today – Tuesday March 16, 2021 blaming Trump and Huckabee supporters for the recall effort that appears that it will succeed and go to the voters this fall. Newsom thinks it is about Republicans vs. Democrats. He hasn’t a clue does he?
Governor Newsom is completely lost. Here are just a few reasons that 2 million voters have petitioned for his recall.
- His poor handling of the Covid pandemic.
- His failure to manage the EDD.
- His own violations of the rules he set for the citizens to follow. Remember the French Laundry and his lavish birthday party?
- Placing his kids in private school while forcing public school students to stay home.
- Unfair practices to small business owners. Hair Salons and Nail Salons forced to close while liquor stores and cigarette stores stayed open?
- Releasing of Prisoners from Jail early – using Covid as an excuse putting serious offenders back on the street.
- Unlawful Curfews.
- Keeping his winery open while others were forced to close. What made his winery special?
- Purchase of masks from China without authorization.
- No releasing information on Covid statistics stating it was too confusing for the citizens of the state? He is withholding information that in his campaign for governor he toted transparency?
This is just a short list. The Governor isn’t qualified to lead. He brags about the amount of Covid shots given – yet 75% of the state has not had a vaccine as of March 16, 2021. There has been a poor distribution of vaccines. El Dorado County only had a little over 2,000 vaccines per week until early March. Why? His rules for Covid shots make no sense – Food Workers and Hospital Workers can be vaccinated but not Hardware or Automotive Store workers. I guess they don’t see customers. There is no reasoning on how the shots are being distributed.
Large Chain stores were open during the pandemic while small business was forced to close doing the same type of business. Does this make sense?
Nothing the Governor has done makes much sense. There has been no fiscal management of the states unemployment fund. Millions of Dollars lost. Prisoners getting unemployment checks. Multiple instances of fraud using the same mailing address and no follow up. Why? Who is at the helm?
There is County restrictive tiers that are using the shot-gun approach. Counties with small populations are thrown into tiers that big counties have. Counties like El Dorado are very diverse. El Dorado Hills is way different than Placerville, Shingle Springs or Pollock Pines. Lake Tahoe is even more different. Why were there not tiers that made sense that were different for small communities vs. larger ones? Why was Pollock Pines shut down with virtually no infections while Tahoe and El Dorado HIlls was out of control, yet both areas had to follow the same rules? Where is the science here Governor?
These are a few reasons Newsom needs to go. Did I say anything about him being a Democrat? Did I say anything about Trump or Huckabee? They have nothing to do with why this governor needs to go and clearly his thinking underscores the urgency for him to leave. He doesn’t have a clue.
We need a leader in California. We need a person in charge of the state. We need a person that manages fiscal budgets and the EDD. We need a person that follows the rules that he or she expects others to follow. We need a governor that understands the difference between metropolitan areas and rural areas. We need a governor that doesn’t brag about the number of covid shots given when 75% of the state has not received one. We need a governor with a plan on how the state is going to manage its fiscal deficit. We need a governor that doesn’t blame Trump or Huckabee using politics for an excuse for his recall. He needs to admit he has failed the state and the reason for the recall is poor job performance. Politics has nothing to do with it – Clearly another Democrat will be voted in to replace him (not a Republican) so this has nothing to do with it. Think about it – California is a liberal state.
Will someone please step up to the plate?